Inward momentum

by PeriwinkleGeo


What is the opposite of being stretched thin?
Not the feeling of being pulled in every which-way direction
or of hands holding you back from the inside,
But the feeling of being surrounded by a room full of people
whose backs are turned away from you.
What is that feeling called, when the walls are not
rolling you out onto a fragile sheet of glass,
but rebounding against you, their magnetic pulls
pulsating in the air while an equal-but-opposite echo
pins you to the empty space between them.
Is there a word for that?